Communicative and Social Skills
Encourage an open communication on the basis of a personal analysis
Successful co-operating is dependent on good internal communication. During the three-day Communicative and Social Skills training course you become acquainted with the most important backgrounds of the informal and often unproductive bush telegraph. You learn how to raise blockades in personal communication and to encourage an open communication on the basis of a personal analysis.
The course consists of an initial two-day session in which theory and practice alternate with each other, followed by a come-back day. The course consists, for an important part, of role plays. You learn how to end a conversation in a positive way with concrete and clear agreements with employees, colleagues and/or managers by means of different discussion techniques.
This practice-based training provides answers to the following questions:
- What are the motives of my conversation partner?
- What can I discuss and what not?
- How do I win his or her confidence?
- How do I keep the initiative without disturbing the balance of the discussion?
- How do I bring continuity in the relationship?
- How can I achieve more structure in my own presentation?
- What questions and discussion techniques can I use to really make contact, without losing the overview?
- How do I respond best to arguments, reproaches and assertions?
This course is offered as one entity.
Want to know more about our Methodology?
- 2 consecutive days + 1 come-back day.
- In-company / Open training.
- Maximum 8, minimum 4 participants.
- Lower Secondary Professional Education or higher.